Graphic conception: more than a visual message
The graphic conception is the representation of a concept through images and words that make up a visual message. An image is worth a thousand words, and this is a reality, because wherever we go or look we are exposed to images and words that communicate something specific.
The graphic conception uses elements such as drawings, photographs, graphics, etc. that sometimes are combined with textual content to define a product, of any kind. The creation of visual content is a process that begins with defining the ideas that represent an object or a reality and that produce in the public opinion, motivation, connection, empathy, reaction, etc.
Advertising is a medium that frequently uses this resource, since it conceives ideas to transmit messages that cause reactions in the target audience.
Applications of graphic conception
The graphic concept is reflected in visual products and is of great importance to define a brand, the image of a company, institution, nonprofit organization, etc. so it is applied in areas such as the following:
– Branding. It is a discipline that deals with awakening emotions, feelings and desires in consumers of a specific brand. The graphic concept is reflected, for example, in the creation of a brand identity, in the graphic image, in the logo, in advertising, etc.
– Editorial products. The graphic conception aims to create a balance between the space and distribution of text, images and the internal and external structure of books, magazines, newspapers and other editorial publications. The final intention is to motivate reading by means of an organized editorial product with an aesthetically attractive and functional design.
– Websites. In the creation of websites, images, text, videos, etc. are organized based on a concept, previously defined and intentional, that reflects the identity of a brand, a company, organization or person.
In this way, the order and design of all the elements in a website are conceived from the objectives to be achieved, the services offered, the products sold, in short, the graphic conceptualization is present in all visual aspects that serve to communicate with the user.
– Environmental design. The set of ideas that define the characteristics of an environment to improve and facilitate the interaction of people with the space are part of the graphic design. So aspects like the design of the place according to its function and purposes is related to the concept from the colors, the images, the location of logos and other elements that contribute to define the place with its own characteristics.
– Commercial graphic products. In the creation of products such as posters and billboards, web advertising, etc.. the presence of a creative graphic concept guides the creation of consistent and attractive messages to the public.
– Packaging. This is the design of packaging, wrappers, labels or containers for commercial items. Being the first thing the consumer sees, these must be attractive and must differentiate the product from others with similar characteristics. The creative graphic conception of a package must also focus on giving the product added value through design, functionality and other differentiating features.
The graphic conception as a creative process is of great value since it involves knowledge from various disciplines such as psychology, architecture, sociology, economics, advertising, among others. For this reason when thinking about a visual product it is important to leave this process in charge of professionals with experience in this area.
Visit designgrafico.com and you will find a multidisciplinary design company with a long history.
Market your products with a unique and convincing message.